Whether you are a professional or an amateur presenter, one thing that could possibly ruin your performance – the poor quality of your PowerPoint (PPT) presentations, which many presenters have neglected its potential to engage with their audience. Due to lack of enhancing PPT presentations, your audience might feel distress about your insensitivity of displaying “lousy” or “irritating” PPT slides to them, and that would cause a minor snag in your performance.
Thus, you need to have a strong resolution on this coming New Year – Making as many engaging PPT slides as possible in order to gain good rapport from your audience. It is also a great long-term plan for many areas – for instance, you could boost your sales when you are describing products to your clients, or maybe you could receive certain recognition from your audience by outsmarting other presenters who did not take advantage of the presentation tools.
Here are a few steps that you should follow to work on this resolution:
1. Find a suitable mentor – You need to get some inspiration from famous presenters such as Steve Jobs, Randy Paush, Ken Robinson and etc. If you could find the right one – then, you should start looking for one immediately via Ted.com, by watching fascinating talks by remarkable speakers.
2. Always think or see things from your audience’s perspective – Avoid being a “selfish” presenter by neglecting your audience’s perspective. For example, you need to take note of your audience’s visibility, in that case, you need to increase the font size, select the right colors of the powerpoint presentation design company font, and slide layout.
3. Being simple is simply enough – Try to restrict yourself from putting too much texts and animations into your slides as it could create unnecessary distractions. Your main aim is to engage with your audience with your presentation with less distraction, not making things harder for your audience to perceive.
4. Break the “tradition” – Do not be tempted to use the default PPT templates repeatedly in your presentation. Hence, you can either purchase new PPT templates or download them for free on the Internet. Other than that, you can hire a designer to design a new template based on your preferences.
5. Add-in some laughter and interaction with your audience – Your build rapport with your audience by making your audience laugh during intervals. Certainly, if you have any jokes to share among your audience, it has to be relevant and straight to the point as it can a good way to lighten the atmosphere.
It is time to bade farewell to “worse” PPT slides and embrace this New Year with enhancing PPT presentations!